Think of this: you come to the jobsite on a beautiful Monday, and you're ready to work. You go to set the first drywall screw of the week, and you look down to see that your trusty Milwaukee drill is out of juice. "Oh no", you think to yourself, "how will I get anything done today?" Thankfully, your coworker on the site offers you his spare battery, and you get
Kobelco Construction Machinery introduces the new SK34SR-7 and SK39SR-7 mini excavators, replacing the SK30SR-6E and SK35SR-6E models. These machines offer enhanced operability, updated cabin interiors, and easier maintenance, while delivering superior performance thanks
Volvo's new EC500 excavator was previewed at CONEXPO this year, offering attendees a glimpse into the future of heavy-duty earth-moving equipment. Scheduled for production in the fourth quarter of 2023, the EC500 is set to replace Volvo's current 50-ton option, the EC480E. Let's take a closer look at what this new excavator has to offer.
Enhanced Safety, Operability, and Productivity:
- The cab on the EC500 will feature a new layout with high-definition Co-Pilot screen, keyless start, wired and wireless smartphone charging, and a new work mode switch.
- Volvo Smart View with Obstacle Detection will be included, offering operators a 360-degree camera view around the machine and radar that automatically alerts operators of nearby obstacles and identifies if they are human.
- Electronic joysticks offer better operator control, along with the ability to operate the hydraulic pumps independently or together.
- Comfort Driver Control allows the excavator to move forward, backward and steer with joysticks. Hydraulic settings can be set for each operator and saved in Co-Pilot for whenever they are needed.
- Volvo Dig Assist will also make its debut on an excavator of this size, providing automated grade control through Volvo Active Control. This system automates both boom and bucket movements for higher excavation efficiency with less effort required from the operator.
- The maintenance schedule for the excavator is increasing from 2,000 hours up to 3,000 for hydraulic oil and filter.
- The cooling system is getting an upgrade, with a better capacity for working in extreme weather situations.
Volvo's new EC500 excavator is a game-changer in the heavy earth-moving industry, providing enhanced safety, operability, productivity, and maintenance. With the inclusion of cutting-edge technology and streamlined design, the EC500 is set to revolutionize the way we approach excavation work.
Need parts for your Volvo
Right before CONEXPO 2023, Caterpillar workers unanimously agreed on a six year contract with the equipment manufacturer. Negotiations for this contract started in January, and have come to a tentative close to avoid a labor strike.
What's in this contract?
Yanmar and ASV Complete Merger
Yanmar and ASV have merged to form Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) as of early February 2023. This long-awaited merger allows YCENA to concentrate on expanding its product offerings, strategic growth, and better serving its customers
Just like the rest of the world, Artificial Intelligence is on the rise in the construction industry. These neural nets can be applied in many areas of the industry, and there are already companies selling their services that use AI and machine learning in the field today.
What is AI and Machine Learning in Construction?
Komatsu has a new haul truck in its fleet.
Komatsu introduced the HD1500-8E0 rigid frame off-highway haul truck for mining, quarry, and aggregate applications.
Komatsu says the HD1500-8E0 has a 1,570-horsepower Tier 4-F Komatsu SDA16V159E-3 engine with a redesigned cab, and has an updated suspension system for a smoother ride.
Liebherr has announced its first crawler excavator powered by a hydrogen combustion engine,.
The R9XX H2 is based on Liebherr’s generation 8 crawler excavators.
The 50-ton R9XX H2 prototype debuted at Bauma in Munich, Germany.
The Liebherr R9XX H2 is powered by the hydrogen H966 engine which is based on an intake manifold injection technology.